Helping You Gain Residency In Monaco
Are you considering moving to Monaco to enjoy the advantageous tax status which applies to official residents of Monaco? If so, I am here to assist with each step and requirement of the Monaco residency application process.
WWW Relocation Monaco had helped many high net worth individuals and their families apply for and gain residency in Monaco.
As a resident of Monaco, you would enjoy the advantageous tax system detailed on our web page "Advantages of living in Monaco", as well as living in a secure, international, and business friendly jurisdiction. The service I provide is efficient and friendly . I am fluent in both English and French. with an in depth knowledge of Monaco, having been resident myself for over twenty years.
I can help you with the entire residency application process and offer you a level of service which I feel is not provided elsewhere, and I will make my long established valuable network of Monaco based service providers available to you, as one of my clients.
So, how I can help you apply for and gain residency efficiently and smoothly?
My service is not just about completing the formal requirements for would be Monaco residents and the paperwork, it also includes sharing; the wealth of knowledge I have gained when helping previous clients in applying for and gaining residency.
For futher information contact Wendy today.
Applying For Monaco Residency
Below are the most important aspects of preparing to apply for Monaco Residency for all nationalities:
- Assistance with establishing the required bank account in Monaco, as a first step in the residency process. This can be quite time consuming and difficult for those with no knowledge of the banking market in Monaco. I know the market well and help my clients navigate the choice of banks and the formalities of the account opening process.
- Assistance with making a complete search of the Monaco property market, whether for rental or purchase. I work with selected Monaco Estate agents who have a proven track record of researching the full Monaco market, whether for rental or purchase, in order to find suitable properties which match our clients parameters. From the start of the search to the signing of the rental/purchase contract, to switching utilities over, to installing wifi- my service is complete. Additional services such as arranging for interior design and furnishings are available upon request.
- Documentation preparation is key and I work closely with my clients to ensure that the residency application file is complete, so that at the time of the official interview everything is in good order for submission. This will avoid delays with the residency card approval process. I will arrange for the residency interview date and accompany the client to the interview. Once the interview has been held and all documents submitted, I track the residency card approval process and keep the client up to date, letting the client know when the residency card is approved and ready for collection.
- If required I can make introductions to our clients for Monaco Schools, Doctors, Solicitors, Accountants and other professionals whose services may be of interest. I also offer advice on the practical side of setting up your new home, help with exchanging your driving licenses once the residency cards are issued and related matters.
- For NON EU passport holders, there is an additional step which involves applying for a special visa from the French Embassy/Consulate in their country of residence. I will assist with the preparation for this.
For futher information contact Wendy today.
Visa D Applications
All non-EU passport holders( including UK passport holders post Brexit) must apply for a Visa D before they can apply for the Monaco Residency/Carte de Sejour .
We can fully assist with all the preparation, the required elements and documentation for this Visa D. We have helped many clients to apply for and acquire this Visa. It can be quite a complicated and confusing procedure and we have the experience to manage the full process. Many companies who offer Monaco Residency services do not have the knowledge required to successfully apply for and get this Visa D approved.
All NON EU Passport holders must apply for the Visa D in their country of official residence, in preparation for the Monaco Residency application. This Visa must be applied for and approved /stamped in the applicant’s passport PRIOR to the Monaco Residency /Carte de Sejour application.
The Visa D takes three months to be applied for/approved and issued and this must be completed before the start of the Monaco Residency process. The Monaco Residency process will take approximately 4-6 weeks once the Visa D is stamped in the applicant’s passport.
We specialise in applying for the Visa D for our Monaco Residency clients, fully assisting from the start with the establishment of the required bank account in Monaco ( we have an excellent network of the leading banks in Monaco), helping our clients search for and find a property to rent or buy, another requirement to be completed for the Visa D application, all documentation and completing the online application ,submitting the documents and are then able to select an appointment at the Visa processing centre closest to the applicant’s home ( normally in capital/major cities in their home country).
Once all documents have been submitted to the relevant Visa centre, the file is then forwarded to the French Consulate in the same country and eventually reaches the Monaco Residency Office in Monaco for the approval process . This will take three months therefore sufficient time must be allowed for to complete this step.
Upon approval of the Visa D, the French Consulate will stamp the Visa In the applicant’s passport which then enables us to move forwards with the Monaco Residency application in Monaco.
We have hands on, excellent experience with both the Visa D and Monaco Residency applications and can assist you each and every step of the way, from the very beginning to the issuance of the Monaco Residency card/Carte de Sejour.
Contact us now so that we can begin your Monaco Residency journey with you, to fulfil your Monaco Residency goals in a professional, efficient and friendly manner.
I hope that you find this website packed with useful information and look forward to helping you with your considered move to Monaco.
Fee quotations are available upon request and subject to whether applying as an individual/family or company.
Residency in Monaco brings several advantages:
- Favourable tax system for Monaco Residents
- Live in a very secure environment
- Superb location with Nice International airport 30 minutes by car/10 minutes by helicopter
- Mediterranean Climate
- International environment
- Business friendly
- English widely spoken
- The Cote d'Azur and Italy on the doorstep
How to apply for Residency in Monaco
The minimum amount required by the Monaco government for a residency application is € 500,000 per main applicant to be deposited in an account in the applicant’s name with a bank in Monaco and which must be held with the bank at all times during the residency period. Some banks may request higher deposits to start a relationship but for residency purposes, € 500,000 is the minimum amount required to be held with a Monaco bank.
Rent or purchase a property in Monaco
If renting the lease must be for a minimum of 12 months and have sufficient bedrooms to accommodate the number of persons applying. For example, in order for this to qualify for Monaco residency, a couple should rent a one bedroom apartment at least and for a family of four a minimum of two bedrooms. This lease is normally automatically renewed at the end of each lease period.
Monaco Residency Security check
Each applicant must provide a police certificate stating that each adult applicant does not hold a criminal record in the country or countries where they have resided during the previous five years. In Monaco an adult is any one over the age of sixteen years of age for this purpose. This certificate should not be more than three months old at the time of application for the residency.
Monaco Residency Requirements
In addition, the following documents must be submitted for each applicant when applying for Monaco residency.
- Valid passport
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate(s)
- Any previous divorce certificate (or death certificate if the applicant has a spouse who is deceased.)
- The Police certificate as above
- The registered lease for the Monaco apartment
- The new electricity contract for the Monaco apartment
- The official Monaco residency application forms completed and duly signed
- Health report for applicants of 70 years and over
Conditions for Monaco Residency
To complete the Monaco residency process, an official residency interview will be arranged during which all the required documents are submitted. Following this the Monaco residency application will be processed and authorized. This will take approximately eight weeks for EU passport holders and sixteen - twenty weeks for non EU passport holders as they must first apply for a special Visa from the French Embassy in their country of residence which once approved and issued (up to sixteen weeks) will then permit the applicant to complete the Monaco formalities within three-four weeks, when the residency card will be issued (also known as the Carte de Resident).
How To Apply For MC Residency
The requirements for applying for Monaco residency are reasonably straightforward and as long as the applicant can provide all of the required documents, then there is no general reason why the applicant should not be granted Monaco Residency and receive their Monaco residency card.
Monaco Residency Rules
The first Monaco residency card will be issued for a period of twelve months after which this card must be renewed. The card is called a Monaco Carte de Resident, Temporaire and is renewed each year for the first three years. In then fourth year of continuous Monaco residency the holder then will be issued with a three year card , known as the Monaco Carte de Resident, Ordinaire. These cards are valid for three years and must be renewed at expiry. In year ten, the holder of a Monaco residency may apply for a Carte Privilege which is granted at the discretion of the Monaco authorities. This is not automatically granted and if not granted the applicant will continue to receive the three year Monaco resident's card.
The Cost For Residency In Monaco
The cost of applying for residency in Monaco really lies in the expense of renting an apartment added to the general cost of living in Monaco. Unlike other countries offering residency programs, applying for residency in Monaco does not require the applicant to “invest” a specified sum of money in Monaco nor is it compulsory to purchase a property as a rental is sufficient.
It is a very favourable place to become a resident and enjoy the many advantages which becoming a resident of Monaco affords.
Relocation Monaco is one of the most experienced of Monaco residency services, and is based in Monaco.
For futher information contact Wendy today.